Select all

Use this forum for reporting bugs and requesting new features.
terryb45

Select all

Post by terryb45 »

It is probably in there somewhere but I would like the facility to select all lamps (instruments) so that using the Inspector I can un-check any previously checked information. For example producing a version of the plot with no channel information. As I only use LX a few times a year I get a bit rusty in my advancing years.
lanternz

Post by lanternz »

Simplest way - Cmd A will get you everything and then un-check channel drawing.
Lanternz
terryb45

Post by terryb45 »

There - I knew it would be there somehow. I obviously knew about select all but was thrown by the grabbing of the positions. I just do this to make everyone else look/feel smart.

Many thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you select cmd-A and uncheck a field, all those fields will be deleted. When you create them again (perhaps by doing the reverse), the fields will be created in their default locations.

An alternative is to use the ability to change the stroke color of all similar info fields--which is a preference in the automatic tab called "Automatically set text color of info text fields". With this option, you can set the stroke color of all channel fields to white. To do this, enable the option in the preferences and then select one channel field and set the stroke color to white. All the rest of the channel fields will effectively disappear (as long as they are drawn against a white background). The advantage of this technique is that you can simply change the stroke color back to black and all the fields will reappear in their locations.

The disadvantage of this trick is that in order to set the stroke color back to black (or another color) you need to be able to click on a channel field to select it--requiring that you know where it is effectively hiding.