importing DWf files in LXFree Java

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
twomeyd

importing DWf files in LXFree Java

Post by twomeyd »

I have been using this software since I first heard about it a few years ago and for someone like me who does not earn a living from lighting design, but takes it seriously, it is great.

Up to now I have just put in approximate measurements for the venues I work in and it tends to wor for me. I noticed there is an option to import DWF files. I have tried but failed to make it work. Any ideas?

Denis
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXFree for Java will import some parts of DXF files. DWF is a different Autodesk web drawing format. You may be able to convert DWF to DXF using AutoCAD.

Not all entities in a DXF file are recognized by LXFree for Java. And, you may have to guess at the units to use to interpret the file. The most common will be inches or millimeters. If you guess wrong, the file will be imported too small or too large and you'll have to try a different choice.

You can get some feed back about unsupported entities by looking in the console log which is found by clicking the link in the first page of the help.