Part ques

LXConsole support and feedback
Mattgraham

Part ques

Post by Mattgraham »

Hi I have imported a show that contains part ques and I can not find a way to
View or edit them! Am I missing something?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Parts need to be edited in "cues" mode. A cue with parts looks like a regular cue in the "cues" display. When the all the parts are complete, the levels shown create the stage picture.

A regular cue has only two times, one for levels going up and one for levels going down. A cue with parts can have many different channels changing at different speeds. The times for the current part are shown in the drawer. The part will be shown in red next to the cue number field.

You change the current part by typing "p" into the command line followed by the part number. To see which channels are assigned to the current part, choose Channel->Select Channels in Current Part. To assign a channel to a particular part, choose Channel->Set Hilited to Current Part.

To create a part, type "p" into the command line. It will expand to "part:" Then enter the part number followed by the return key. If the part does not exist, you will be asked if you want to create it. Parts must be added in numerical order. So, if you try to add Part 3, and there is no part 2, you will end up with Part 2 even though you set out to add part 3.

To delete parts and return a cue to "normal", choose Cue->Flatten Parts.

Some console limit the number of parts. LXConsole does not limit the number of parts. You could set one for each channel and have them all change at different speeds if you wished.
Mattgraham

Post by Mattgraham »

Thanks for the quick response