Touch osc remote interrupting qlab msc. controll?

LXConsole support and feedback
Mattgraham

Touch osc remote interrupting qlab msc. controll?

Post by Mattgraham »

Hi while teching a show this week I found that when I connected my ipad to control Lx console via touch osc using osc that it stopped control from qlab ( msc cues imported from the very helpful script function)
Lx console midi set to "any"and osc discovered by selecting Lx console as host in touch osc.
The touch osc layout I am using does have midi functionality included to control qlab via touch osc midi bridge. But the problem occurs even if I do not open that app or connect that service from the ipad.
Any ideas how I could run both at once?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

MIDI and OSC are separate functions and are enabled separately in the File-> External menu. You can run both at the same time--but both need to be turned on.

The problem could be in the toolbar buttons, if that is what you are using to turn on and off MIDI and OSC. Try using only menu commands to enable both connections and see if there is still a problem.

If the problem persists, make sure you can tell that LXConsole is responding to MSC from QLab. Then verify that, as soon as OSC is turned on using the menu command, it stops. If this is the case, repeat the experiment with touch OSC midi bridge turned off.

If you still can't figure it out, post the LXConsole version, the OS X version and what computer you are using and I'll try to duplicate the problem. I use both of those together all the time so I know it works.
Mattgraham

Post by Mattgraham »

On further investigation i have discovered that it seems to be creating connecting or connecting to a wifi network that Stops the Msc midi connection between lx console and Qlab. ( via IpMidi on a single Macbook pro)

qlab 2.38
Lx console 3.0.0 (6116) and 2.5.08 (5708) ( I have both because the second is the one that downloads with lx pro)
ip midi 1.6 (1)
Mac 13inch retina pro running osx 10.82

?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Try connecting Qlab to LXConsole via the IAC Driver bus instead.

The issue probably has to do with the way ipMidi connects to network interfaces. According to ipMidi's FAQ:

Q: I have two network interfaces. ipMIDI is using the wrong one!

A: Network traffic is controlled by the so called "Network routing table". ipMIDI uses the default route like every other application (e.g. Web Browser). To change this behavior, add a routing table entry for ipMIDI's multicast adress 225.0.0.37. This is done in a command window:

Windows:

route ADD 225.0.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 <static_ip_of_wanted_(W)Lan_card>
OSX:

route -n add -net 225.0.0 -interface <name_of_your_network_interface>