Grand master Issue on mavericks

LXConsole support and feedback
Mattgraham

Grand master Issue on mavericks

Post by Mattgraham »

HI since upgrading to mavericks if i touch the grand master in the live window it starts to jump up and down randomly and does not stop moving until i quit the program.

2103 mac book pro retina
enttec usb pro 2
latest build lx console
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does this happen with 3.3.0? There was an issue with synchronizing the master and OSC control that was fixed. Without knowing the version you are using, it is possible that this has already been addressed.

Chances are pretty good that this issue does not have to do with Mavericks but with either OSC or MIDI control of the master fader. Does this issue happen when OSC and MIDI are shut off completely?

If it goes away when you shut off the remote control, then it probably is the result of some kind of feedback loop between LXConsole and whatever is linked to it.

One simple scenario is that as you move the master fader, some external control is telling it to be at a different value and thus it behaves erratically. For this to persist, it is highly likely that the external control forms a loop where both input and output are connected. A change to the master fader is sent to the external control. Then the external control does something that sends a different value back to LXConsole. LXConsole in turn changes the fader setting which is sent back to the output. And, the cycle continues.

If this is via OSC, there is a preference in the OSC out tab that disables feedback prevention. You can check to see that this setting is not selected. If it is selected, then it is much more possible for feedback as outlined above to occur.

If you can't figure it out from this information, then you can probably at least determine the connection that is causing the problem. If you can explain a little more about how you have that set up, then we can try to duplicate the issue.
Mattgraham

Post by Mattgraham »

Lx console Version 3.3.0
turning off OSC in and out solved the issue

their where no other programs running or external connections at the time of the loop

And the disable look pack prevention was not ticked

i now can not recreate the issue again by turning oscine/out back on. if i can recreate i will update you

but thanks for the quick responce
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is possible to reproduce the issue by setting up OSC to deliberately create a loop, sending OSC Out to the IP address and port set for OSC In on the computer.

There's nothing to prevent you from doing this. But, there's no reason to do it either. If you want to send OSC to another application running on the same computer. Be sure to use a different port.

It turns out that OSC loopback prevention only applied to channel changes. It will be extended to apply to fader and sub changes as well.