LED fixtures in submasters

LXConsole support and feedback
calfredson

LED fixtures in submasters

Post by calfredson »

I am trying to set up some submasters with LED fixtures and I'm running into some issues. If I set a colour value to a submaster, it bumps to full at 1% instead of fading with the master level of the submaster. This makes it very hard to do discreet colour mixing with submasters.

In a related note, I was wondering if there was a way to set a "virtual" intensity channel for an RGB fixture that only has 3 channels.

Thanks,

Craig
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the drawer, under the advanced options for the sub, check the box that says proportional non-intensity channels.

There is not a way to create a virtual intensity setting. But, I think the above will fix your issue.
calfredson

Post by calfredson »

Thanks for the quick response. The "virtual" intensity was more of a feature request that would make some of my programming easier, but I can get by without. I suspect your solution above will solve my problem, but I was also wondering if there is a way to control colour values via MIDI the same way as intensity (i.e. 1@%v)?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, any channel, including subchannels can be referenced using dot syntax. channel 1.23 refers to the red subchannel of channel 1. So, the MIDI command would be 1.23@%v to control red, 1.24@%v to control green, 1.25@%v to control blue.