Networking

LXConsole support and feedback
moonprayer77

Networking

Post by moonprayer77 »

Hi,

I work for a theatre and I am trying to run lxconsole with qlab. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I have two macbooks that I want to be able to keep seperate for tech and then have qlab signal the lighting. Can I run both programs on one computer and still have qlab signal lxconsole? I know I need a dmx to ethernet or usb, is there any other hardware I would need? Also, I was reading the topics on the forum and saw something about the iphone being used to bring up channels for focus. Can anyone explain that to me in more detail?

Thanks for all your help,
Bre
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, you can run QLab and trigger LXConsole cues using MSC. It does not matter if it is on one or two computers as long as they are connected by MIDI.

To use QLab and LXConsole on a single computer, you need to use Audio MIDI Setup (found in Applications->Utilities) to enable the IAC Driver. Run Audio MIDI Setup and open the MIDI Window (Window menu). Then, double-click the IAC Driver icon. Make sure that the "Device is online" box is checked.

Do this before you launch QLab or LXConsole.

In QLab's MSC Preferences connect Patch 1 to the IAC Driver Bus 1. In LXConsole's Preferences, set the MIDI in connection to IAC Driver Bus 1.

Make sure that the MSC device ID's match in QLab MSC cues and in LXConsole's MSC In Device ID preference.

QLab's MSC cue Command Format should be set to lighting.

LXConsole's External menu has an option that enables MIDI and Show Control input. When this is enabled, and the Live control window is open, you should be able to trigger cues from QLab.

The process is similar with two computers. You need to enable the MIDI connection between them first and then the rest of the process is the same.
moonprayer77

Thank You

Post by moonprayer77 »

Thanks. That helps a lot. I was just wondering about the iphone controlling lxconsole channels. How does that work?