Artnet out troubles

LXConsole support and feedback
HarryTwoFingers

Post by HarryTwoFingers »

I am happy to say that build 3.2.5 (6914B) works. And I am happy with that and can confidently tour with this version.
For the moment i think i leave the "my ODE doesn't send any dmx" at rest.
And we all got a reset function out of this problem. That's a good thing.
And now I keep build 2.7 on my harddisk.....just in case ;-)
Thank you Claude for your help.
HarryTwoFingers

Just reporting.

No dmx output from enttec ode again. Before i blamed the cat5 cable at the venue i was last time i wrote.
But now in a "safe enviroment" ie at home at skillinge teater, i succeded to replicate the problem ie no output from the ode and blinking/pulsating lights.

This time it seems to be the lxcues file. Why! Well at first i used the newest version of lxconsol. Upon seeing the problem i switched to version 2.5. Didn't work but remembered the suggestion on looking at the patching. Did a patch 1 to 1. Wow... it worked. Saved the cuefile under a new name and opened it when i had switched back to the latest lxconsole version. Yupp, lxcues file works there too. Opened up the original lxcue file and that worked also.

I think this lxcues file was last used in january. Does later versions of lxconsol read an lxcues file differently. How come the patching is lost or not read.

my best
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did the plot that seemingly lost its patch have exactly 1024 channels?

There was a bug with 1024 channels that would drop the patch:

http://www.macluxpro.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=462

This has been fixed.
HarryTwoFingers

No, the plot has only 12 channels. I read FreadZDeads post. Thats why I thought I should report back to you.

I have an archived copy of the original lxcue file. As you can see if you open it with lxconsole 3.2.7 it has no patching.

Here comes:

(( file was partly pasted as text ))
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If the file in question was working with a 1 to 1 patch, the most likely answer is that the send channels preference was set. This option bypasses the patch and acts as though the file is patched 1 to 1. In older versions of LXConsole, a new file was not patched 1 to 1 by default. So, it is quite possible that although this file may have worked due to the preference setting, it may never have had a patch.

Is there an instance of setting a patch with the current version of LXConsole where it is not saved? Or is it just an old file that appears not to have a patch when it is opened?
HarryTwoFingers

When the file is opened it appears without patching. That is the one you got. Send channels is not set. I avoid it since some time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The file you posted was incomplete. However, there was enough to see that there was no patch set. (I removed it from the post because it was too long and not really necessary to the thread)

If you open this file and use patch 1 to 1 to create a patch and save it, when you reopen the file is the patch saved or is there a problem?

The fact that the file does not have a patch now tells us nothing about whether it had one when it was saved. In fact, because all of the other master channel information was saved correctly, I would guess that it was saved without a patch, even if it appeared to work like it had one. But, it is really useless to try to determine that because we may never know. All we can say for sure is that there is no patch now. What I'm trying to determine is if there is some problem saving the patch of the file now. So, if you patch and save does it retain the patch?
HarryTwoFingers

If I open the file there is no patching. Then I patch 1 to 1. Save the file. Close Lxconsole. Reopen Lxconsole and the saved file. Patching has been saved with the file and it works.

Yes, it was not a good idea to open lxcuefile with the text editor. Saved the original file without and with patching as ascii files. The difference is some 16 rows of patch info in the beginning of the ascii file with patching.
In both cases I could see 5@45, 12@77 and so forth among the cue info in the ascii files.
nizer

I think this why I am loosing DMX in mid show

Post by nizer »

Is there a way to get a old version of LXconsole or are you pretty confident that this update fixed the issue. I am also using the ODE
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
HarryTwoFingers

Hi, Mark!
Yes, you can download older versions of Lxconsole.
Try to download Enttec's NMU tool to test if the ODE functions.
Check that ethernet is on in lxconsole.
Regards